Search This Blog

Friday, March 19, 2010

Ambrosia Bakery- Offering the best cinnamon-twist I've ever had


2605 Ocean Ave
(between Lagunitas Dr & Woodacre Dr)
San Francisco, CA 94132
(415) 334-5305

Ambrosia Bakery- I have been going to this neighborhood bakery ever since I was a kid and it's located in the cute little town of Lakeside. They offer all your usual suspects ( muffins, fruit tarts and made-to-order cakes), but their Cinnamon-Twist is absolutely divine. Now, the trick is to come on a weekday/weekend before 10 am to ensure the freshest twist they have.
Review: This bakery is so adorable and welcoming with their art on the walls and what I like to refer to as the little French window because it looks like something you would see walking down the streets of Chantilly. They offer pesto twists, sun-dried tomato twists, hot-crossed buns, muffins of all sorts and anything you would expect a bakery to sell. 


Now, I know my Blackberry doesn't always take the best photos, but I had to show you what I had left of the cinnamon twist. Now, I have gone in while they weren't piping hot and they are still good, but will not compare to when they are fresh out of the oven. I have two words to describe: life changing!! The outside is nice and crispy/flaky and the inside is lightly seasoned with cinnamon and is pure ooey-gooey delight! Their chai tea latte isn't so bad either, but it's not one of those chai lattes that are 3 parts chai and 1 part milk. It's more like half and half. 

Rating: You really can't beat the smiling ladies, the quickness of their stride or the happy patrons all around you. This has been around for a long time and you can see why. The cinnamon twist alone grants it a 5/5 rating. Everything I've tried there is tasty and fresh. You really can't beat quality service and food.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you agree/disagree/want to try or have another comment on this post? If so, let me know. I'd love to read your feedback!