Search This Blog

Friday, March 5, 2010

XLB - Xiao Long Bao Part 2

 
1713 Taraval
 (between 27th Ave & 28th Ave) 
San Francisco, CA 94116

Review: I was in the mood for a nice plate of piping hot dumplings and found just that in this hole-in-the wall shop. You might pass this by because it's hidden away on Taraval (on the same block as Taraval Okazu-ya). This restaurant only fits maybe 15 people and the service is slow due to a small kitchen with just a few cooks.

Here is what I ordered from the "wake up breakfast" menu: Green Onion Pancake, 2 orders of XLB.

 
 
 
Rating:
Green Onion Pancake: 5/5 I love my green onion pancake to not only be infused with lots of green onions, but for the dough to be chewy and crispy at the same time. Well done!

Xiao Long Bao's:  4/5 The dumplings themselves took about 15 minutes to make and they were shaped correctly. The meat was flavored just right and there was just enough soup in them. Although they tasted wonderfully, I don't know that I could stand to wait 15 minutes everytime! I get so hungry!

Overall: I'd have to give this a 4.5/5. It's a much smaller place, but you can smell everything and the green onion pancake really won me over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you agree/disagree/want to try or have another comment on this post? If so, let me know. I'd love to read your feedback!