Search This Blog

Friday, March 19, 2010

Zaza-Zaza-Zazazie

941 Cole St
San Francisco, CA 94117
(415) 564-5332 

Zazie- One of the best brunch spots in San Francisco (rated 4 solid stars by 1,095 people to date). This is a bold statement, but you have to come here on a beautiful morning and experience French infused brunch dishes at its' finest. I have to warn you, they don't take reservations and you'll have to put your name on the list and enjoy a nice Tully's beverage while you wait. When you finally get in, request the lovely outdoor patio area to dine and people watch. Don't worry if it's a cooler morning, they've got heated lamps all around to warm your bum!

Review: A friend of mine and I decided that we were going to try everything that was highly rated (well almost everything) and wouldn't put us into complete food comas. So, we started the meal off with freshly squeezed orange juice and water. Here are the dishes we ordered and boy were they delish!!!!

1) Gingerbread Pancakes:  with pears (in season) and lemon curd $6/ 10/ 13 (1, 2 or 3).

2)Florentine: with spinach and portobello mushrooms 8/ 11/ 14.
Served on an English muffin with our fabulous light lemon hollandaise, with home fries or salad

3) Croque Monsieur 11: grilled black forest ham and gruyere sandwich made in the traditional French style



Rating: There aren't enough words that can do justice to how amazing our dining experience was. The gingerbread pancakes were infused slightly with ginger, but not enough for you to feel like you were eating whole slices. The poached pears and cinnamon on top was such a delight. The Eggs Florentine was cooked to perfection and the spinach and portabello mushrooms kept us feeling nice and light. I have never been a huge fan of Eggs Benedict simply for the hollandaise sauce, but I went on a whim and found their sauce to be very light and seasoned with a little parprika. Finally, the Croque Monsieur was to die for. I unfortunately didn't take my lactaid beforehand so I felt the aftershock of the gruyere cheese. All I can say is that I have no regrets and that it was well worth my stomach ache and $. The service was amazing and the servers came to check-up often enough. All in all, 5/5. We actually didn't wait too long (15 min) and our experience left us wanting more. Go try and see if you like it! Next time, I'm going to order the French Toast Tahiti!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you agree/disagree/want to try or have another comment on this post? If so, let me know. I'd love to read your feedback!